Monday, March 19, 2007

Aches and pains

It seems as though people always have some sort of daily ache or pain. And I am here to tell you that I am no different.
I spent the better part of 2005 suffering from daily pounding headaches. I ate Aleve like they were free samples at the local candy shop. They worked for a little while (like one minute of relief per day), but there came a time when OTC drugs could no longer help my head.
The next few months felt like I was swimming in a fish bowl. The headaches were there when I woke up and still hanging out in my head when I would go to bed. I kept telling myself I needed to visit a doctor, however my bullheaded attitude kept me away from the physician.
Finally, almost a year had passed and my headaches were like my fashion. It was the same as wearing shoes, I always wore a headache. But now they had turned from just a nagging pain to an entire body crippling emotion. It was apparent my body had been invaded. I didn't think it was aliens but it sure did feel strange.
My days were spent feeling dizzy and glaring through blurry eyes. I kept it all to myself until that fateful August night.

No comments: